How your podiatrists in Haverhill, MA, can help your feet
Your podiatrist can help your feet and ankles, and let’s face it, your feet and ankles support you. Without healthy feet and ankles, it can be difficult and painful to stand, walk around, and enjoy the activities you love. You and your feet deserve to find out more about the benefits of seeing a podiatrist.
Dr. David Greenblott and Dr. Debra Eisner of Merrimack Valley Foot Specialists offer a wide range of services for your feet and ankles. They have two convenient locations in Haverhill, and East Boston, MA, to help you and your feet feel better.
There are many reasons why you should seek out the help of your podiatrist, and these are just a few:
- You experience chronic pain in your feet or ankles that won’t go away
- You notice changes in the nails or skin on your feet or toes
- You have blisters or sores on your feet that won’t heal
Your podiatrist is an expert at treating foot and ankle issues that happen due to an underlying medical condition. Diabetes is a perfect example. When you have diabetes you may experience inadequate blood flow to your feet and toes, loss of sensation in your feet and toes, and open sores that don’t heal. Your podiatrist will do a regular comprehensive foot examination to keep your feet healthy when you have diabetes.
If you have injured, strained, sprained, or fractured your foot or ankle, your podiatrist is also an expert at treating sports injuries and accident trauma to your feet and ankles. Your podiatrist can help with stabilizing devices like casts or splints to help keep your foot or ankle in proper alignment.
Other important benefits your podiatrist can provide include diagnosis and treatment of:
- Plantar fasciitis; inflammation of the thick band of tissue that runs across your heel, which can be caused by overpronating or rolling your feet when you walk.
- Toenail fungus; caused by acquiring a fungal infection from walking barefoot in warm moist areas like gyms and swimming pools.
- Bunions; large bony growths on the side of your big toe, caused by a genetic foot deformity or wearing shoes that are too narrow.
To find out more about foot care services and how they can benefit you and your feet, call Dr. David Greenblott and Dr. Debra Eisner at Merrimack Valley Foot Specialists. You can reach them in Haverhill, MA, at (978) 556-9700, or at their office in East Boston at (617) 567-2111, so call today!